Website | Tickets | Membership
In this Agreement the terms “Union Chapel”, “we”, “us” and “our” mean Union Chapel Directions Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales under company number 3047257 and whose registered office is Union Chapel Offices, 19b Compton Terrace, London, N1 2UN
- Performance details on www.unionchapel.org.uk are subject to change without prior notice. Union Chapel accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of information or material accessed through the site.
- We are not responsible for the content of any linked sites and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement of that linked site.
- Union Chapel accepts no responsibility for loss or loss or damages incurred as a result of reliance upon material contained at this website
- By logging on, you will be assuming all risks associated with use of the site, including risk of your computer, software or data being damaged by any virus which might be transmitted or activated via the Union Chapel site or your access to it.
- Tickets cannot be exchanged nor money refunded unless an event is cancelled or postponed
- Tickets must not be re-sold for profit or commercial gain. Failure to comply will make this ticket void.
- You must have a valid ticket to attend any ticketed events at Union Chapel. If we don’t have a record of your purchase through Union Chapel or an authorised agent you may be refused entry.
- Any one over the age of 2 needs a ticket. 2 year olds and under are classed as babes in arms and do not need a ticket. We may refuse entrance for babes in arms to some events, particularly classical concerts.
- Union Chapel reserves the right to make any alterations to an advertised programme rendered necessary by unavoidable causes.
- Union Chapel reserves the right to refuse admission or eject any patron.
- Strict age restrictions apply to some events, please check the information on the listings carefully and if you have any queries contact us directly.
- Union Chapel reserves the right to check Photo ID against the name on the E-ticket. If you do not provide suitable ID or your ID does not match the name on the E-ticket, you may be prevented from entering the event and will not be able to receive a refund.
- No hot food / alcohol / glass or controlled substances may be brought into the venue.
- Patrons may be searched on entry
- Union Chapel reserves the right to prohibit the unauthorised use of photographic and recording equipment
- Ticket holders consent to the recording and filming of themselves as members of the audience
- Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
- Lost tickets can usually be re-issued please contact Union Chapel / the agent you used to book
- Union Chapel reserves the right to cancel ticket bookings which it reasonably suspects to have been made fraudulently.
- Any correspondence in relation to your purchase of any Item will be by email and will go to the email address provided at the time of purchase. For purchases made using PayPal, the PayPal account email address shall be used.
- The customer is limited to a specified number of tickets for each event. This number is indicated on the order tickets page and is verified with every transaction. The purpose of this policy is to discourage unfair ticket buying practices. Union Chapel reserves the right to cancel tickets without prior notice if purchased in excess of such limits.
- All tickets are for unreserved seating. You will always get a seat and there are no really bad seats. We ask that you respect bags and coats left on pews but are note responsible for any items left unattended. We cannot guarantee that groups will always be able to sit together, it is best to arrive early for the best choice of seats.
- There may be differently priced areas of seating. When this is the case tickets are for unreserved seats in a set area defined on the event listing.
- Seats may be reserved for the artist’s guestlist and disabled patrons.
- If you are disabled / have specific access requirements we can offer reserved, appropriate seating. Similarly if your access requirements mean you require an essential companion in order to attend we will offer you a free essential companion space. Once you have booked your ticket you must contact us directly. We will make the necessary reservation for you. At that point you will have the option to be added to our access list which will mean you can make future reservations yourself.
- Events may contain material that some audience members find offensive or objectionable. Union Chapel accepts no liability for any offence caused.
- Strobe lighting or strobe like effects may be used at any event, along with LED stage lighting and candles.
Your statutory rights are not affected.
Union Chapel conforms to the Data Protection Act 1998.
Union Chapel is committed to providing a quality service for all its users. We take all your feedback seriously.
- Union Chapel is committed to treating its customers fairly. We are a charitable organisation and will uphold ethical business practices at all times.
- Once Union Chapel Project has recouped costs, all profits from the sale of membership will be distributed between the Margins Homelessness Project and restoration projects being undertaken on the Chapel building according to the wishes of the Union Chapel Project Directors.
- Customers may only redeem their discounts once they have received their membership card (Membership Card) – please see Delivery section below.
- Upon receipt of their Membership Card, customers shall be entitled to the Members’ Benefits outlined below:
• Email Gig Alerts – for all public gigs and events – members will be notified via email (to the email address provided on application) about upcoming gigs and events taking place at Union Chapel as they are announced. Excludes advance announcement and/or pre-sale of tickets exclusively to artist/band fanclub members.
• Priority Entrance – Limited to 8 members & their parties per gig. Max party size 6. Members must book in advance in email to:[email protected]. Without 48hours notice Priority Entrance may not be available. Priority Entrance may not be available at all gigs & Union Chapel retains the right to refuse priority Entrance. For some shows there may be alternative ticket types that allow entry ahead of Members priority entrance.
• Access to Bar from 6.30pm for shows with a 7pm door – This is an alternative to priority entrance. Once you come into the bar you cannot exit again until after the Chapel is open. You must have tickets for the show and a valid membership card. Access is via the gate to the left of the building. The bar will open at 6.30pm for shows with a 7pm door. The gate will close again at approximately 6.50pm so our staff can go and get in position for the main doors opening at 7pm. Bookings for dinner at 6.30pm are open to the general public, members can also book for dinner but don’t have to. If you want to eat it is best to book. If the doors to the whole venue open at 6.30pm you must come in via the main entrance. If it is possible to open the bar at 6pm for a show with 6.30pm we will email Spektrix ticket holders and update our online listings. This allows access to the bar only. When the Chapel opens we will make an announcement in the bar so you can go and find seats.
• Cushions & blankets to borrow at gigs – We have no more than 20 cushions & 20 blankets, where members & their parties are greater than this number cushions & blankets will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
• 10% off bar & Kioskat all UC gigs and events – This discount can be used at the Union Chapel bar & Kiosk only on presentation of a valid Membership Card and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Union Chapel reserves the right to ask the member for ID (passport, driving license or credit/debit card) to prove that the Membership Card being used belongs to the person purchasing the discounted drinks.
- Membership Cards and any associated Members’ Benefits are non-transferable and can only be used by the named member. Proof of identity may be requested on presentation and use of your Membership Card.
- The Membership Card is the property of Union Chapel and shall be forfeited by any member in the event of misuse.
- Membership benefits may be subject to change at any time. No refunds can be made.
- You must be at least 16 or over to purchase membership and become a member of Union Chapel.
- Membership is valid for twelve consecutive months or 15 for the first year if paying by standing order If you are unable to use your membership at any stage during this time refunds or extensions cannot be offered in any circumstances.
- Members must adhere to all rules and regulations that are relevant to their visit to Union Chapel.
- Union Chapel reserves the right to refuse entry and/or cancel the membership without refund. In particular if the card holder behaves in a threatening or abusive way to our staff, anyone else at Union Chapel, or breaches the terms and conditions relating to access to our facilities, membership will be cancelled.
- Union Chapel has the right to reject applications for membership or renewal.
- Membership fees are £25 per annum for full price members and £20 per annum for concessions.
- Concession memberships are available to students in full time education, those receiving Jobseekers or Disability Living Allowance, & over 65’s at the time of purchase.
- Membership fees are revised annually and will be notified to members by email.
- Payment will be taken from the customer via Spektrix product sales platform and transferred to Union Chapel at a later date.
- Members will be notified by email 1 month before their membership is due to expire that they must purchase a new membership to continue to enjoy the Members’ Benefits outlined above.
- Union Chapel will post the Membership Card 2nd class via Royal Mail to new members within 1 month of receiving the customer’s order.
- The customer should expect to receive their Membership Card within 1 month of placing their order, though this cannot be guaranteed. Members may redeem their discounts only following receipt of their Membership Card. Temporary membership cards or collection from the venue can be arranged if a membership card has not being received.
- The customer should expect to receive their welcome email the next working day after purchasing their membership.
- Union Chapel will not accept responsibility for the delivery time or conditions of goods after the Membership Card has been shipped.
Returns, Refunds & Losses
- The customer has a ten day period from the date of purchase in which to notify Union Chapel if they wish to cancel their membership. Notification must be made in writing to [email protected] and must be received by Union Chapel within such ten day period. Upon receipt of valid written confirmation Union Chapel will provide a full refund.
- The customer will be required to return their Membership Card to Union Chapel at their own expense before they will receive a refund.
- Membership cannot be cancelled during a period which has already been paid for. Membership will automatically terminate at the end of the period you have paid for if payment is not received for the next period.
- If a Membership Card is lost, stolen or defective, the member must notify Union Chapel as soon as possible. The cost for replacement Membership Card should you require one will be £5. If the card is defective, the member must return it to Union Chapel. Union Chapel’s liability in such circumstances shall expressly be limited to the replacement of the defective Membership Card.
- We understand that on rare occasions things can go wrong. If the customer wishes to make a complaint we will endeavour to respond and work with them to solve the problem within a reasonable period.
- If the complaint cannot be resolved satisfactorily for both parties then Union Chapel may at its sole discretion, offer the customer a refund (in whole or part) if they feel this is a suitable response, but they will be under no obligation to do so.
- The customer will be required to return their Membership Card to Union Chapel at their own expense before they will receive a refund (if any). Contact Details: Union Chapel, 19b Compton Terrace, London N1 2UN. Tel: 020 7226 1686. Email: [email protected]
Data & Privacy
- Union Chapel follows all guidelines of the Data Protection Act.
- The customer shall provide all such information as is reasonably required by Union Chapel to provide the goods and services in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Details, as provided by the customer, are held on computer, for our own internal records.
- The customer’s details will not be passed onto any third party
- The customer’s details will be retained in order that we may contact them by email and post their Membership Card to them.
- All communications with members will be conducted via email.
- The welcome email and details of any members’ offers will be sent the next working day.
- Members can expect one email per month containing general news and information regarding Union Chapel in addition to email gig alerts – emails as detailed above.
- It is the member’s responsibility to inform Union Chapel of their correct email address and/or change of name and/or change of address. Please send updates to [email protected] or Union Chapel, 19b Compton Terrace, London N1 2UN
Limitation of Liability
- Union Chapel shall not be liable to the member in respect of any direct, indirect or consequential damage, costs or expenses or any other claims for consequential loss whatsoever which arise out of or in connection with the Union Chapel Membership.
- Notwithstanding the previous provision, Union Chapel shall not in any circumstances be liable to a member for more than the annual membership fee paid by the member.
- All information provided is correct at the time of publication. However, no liability is offered for errors contained on the Union Chapel website, or the actions of third parties.
- Union Chapel is not liable for failure to perform any obligations to members if such failure is as a result of Acts of God (including, without limitation, fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane or other natural disaster, war, terrorist activities, labour dispute, strike, lockout or interruption or failure of electricity or telephone service).
- If a Clause of this Agreement is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other Clauses of this Agreement will continue in effect.
- Nothing in these conditions will affect your statutory rights relating to faulty or mis-described goods. For further information about your statutory rights contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizens Advice Bureau.
Law and Jurisdiction
- English law shall govern the construction, validity, and performance of these Terms and Conditions, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to resolve any dispute between them.