Rosanne Cash & John Leventhal
+ Maz O’Connor
Tue 24 July 2018
Doors open: 19:00
£35 adv + cmsn
Entry Requirements: Under 16s accompanied by an adult
Rosanne Cash & John Leventhal
One of the country’s pre-eminent singer/songwriters, Rosanne Cash has released 15 albums of extraordinary songs that have earned four GRAMMY Awards and nominations for 11 more. She is also an author whose four books include the best-selling memoir Composed, which the Chicago Tribune called “one of the best accounts of an American life you’ll likely ever read.” Her essays have appeared in The New York Times, Rolling Stone, the Oxford-American, the Nation and many more publications. In addition to continual worldwide touring, Cash has partnered in programming or served as artist in residence at Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center, San Francisco Jazz, the Minnesota Orchestra and The Library of Congress.
She was awarded the SAG/AFTRA Lifetime Achievement award for Sound Recordings in 2012 and received the 2014 Smithsonian Ingenuity Award in the Performing Arts. She was chosen as a Perspective Series artist at Carnegie Hall and hosted four concerts during their 2015/16 season, and she continues her association as Creative Partner through the 2017/18 season.
In 2015, she was inducted into the Nashville Songwriters’ Hall of Fame.
In her latest album,“The River and the Thread,” a collaboration with husband/co-writer/producer and arranger John Leventhal, Cash evokes a kaleidoscopic examination of the geographic, emotional, musical and historic landscape of the American South. The album garnered impressive worldwide acclaim and she received 3 Grammy Awards for it in 2015.
She and John Leventhal are currently writing the music and lyrics for a musical. She plans on releasing an album of new material in 2018.
Margins Cafe will be serving delicious, hot, homemade food at this event. All profits support The Margins Project, which works with people who face homelessness and crisis and is based here at the Chapel.
- You must also have a ticket for this event to eat at Margins Cafe.
- The Cafe opens to all ticket holders when the chapel doors open, scheduled to be 19:00 for this show.
- Please note the cafe is cash only (there is a bank machine just across the road).
- We’re also taking limited early dinner reservations at 18:30 for this event. Be quick it can fill up fast!
How to book early dinner reservations:
- You can book for dinner when buying your ticket through our site.
- If the option doesn’t appear then it means dinner is fully booked.
- If you have already purchased your ticket for this show you can check availability and book for all dates here.
- If there are no tables available it will say ‘We are sorry but this event has sold out.’
Information for people with a reservation:
- You’ll get an email with full details shortly before the event, however, you just need to come to the black gate to the left of the main entrance, marked Early Dinner Reservations at 18:30 and show your reservation and gig ticket.
Organic Spring Lamb Stew with Baby Vegetables
Spinach, Sweet Potato & Lentil Dhal
Red Onion and Goat Cheese Quiche
Roasted Peppers and Cheddar Quiche
Both with Salads
Apricot and Almond Tart With Cream
Please note that our lift is currently out of order meaning the bar is only accessible by stairs. We are working hard to get it fixed but we expect it to be unavailable until September 2018.
We can make alternative arrangements for customers whose disability means they cannot access the bar without a lift.
Our stewards will be on hand on the night to help with this but if you have any questions do get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org | 020 7226 1686 (Mon-Fri, 9am – 5pm)
There is more information about access at Union Chapel here.