Sat 23 February 2019
Doors open: 18:30
£27 adv + cmsn
Entry Requirements: Under 16s accompanied by an adult
Book tickets with Union Chapel
Check here if tickets are sold out above
After more than fifty years on the road Fairport Convention’s passion for live performance has never wavered. This concert will showcase the band’s musical sophistication and instrumental virtuosity during a fascinating journey through their inspiring and extensive repertoire.
Renowned as the founding fathers of British folk-rock music, Fairport Convention has maintained consistently high standards for over five decades and remains as entertaining as ever. Still bold, still vigorous and still willing to take musical chances, an evening with Fairport never fails to dazzle and delight audiences.
Fairport Convention has attracted critical acclaim throughout its long career. The band has won a coveted BBC Lifetime Achievement Award, Radio 2 listeners have voted Fairport’s groundbreaking album Liege & Lief ‘The Most Influential Folk Album of All Time’, and their story and music frequently features on radio and television.
The concert will also feature an opening performance by special guests The 4 of Us. Hailed as one of the most acclaimed duos in Ireland, brothers Brendan and Declan Murphy are accomplished singers, instrumentalists and song-writers.
The current Fairport line-up features Simon Nicol on guitar and vocals, Dave Pegg on bass guitar and vocals, Chris Leslie on fiddle, mandolin and vocals, Ric Sanders on violin and Gerry Conway on drums and percussion.
“Impressive musicians with a great back catalogue… (they) take chances and clearly enjoy themselves.” The Guardian
“Vigorous and confident…the music leapt around the room.” The Mirror
Margins Cafe will be serving delicious, hot, homemade food at this event. All profits support The Margins Project, which works with people who face homelessness and crisis and is based here at the Chapel.
- You must also have a ticket for this event to eat at Margins Cafe.
- The Cafe opens to all ticket holders when the chapel doors open, scheduled to be 18:30 for this show.
- Please note the cafe is cash only (there is a bank machine just across the road).
How to book early dinner reservations:
- Sorry, it is not possible for us to do early dinner reservation for events with an 18:30 door time.
- It may be eventually be possible to do early dinner reservations for this show, but we will only know that within two weeks of the show. We will do our best to alert those who have booked via our website, or else check back here nearer the time.
- The menu will be displayed here; it normally goes up a couple of days before the show. There will always be at least two hot meals, one of which will be veggie, to choose from, plus lighter bites such as quiche and salad. Check out the sample menu here.