The High Kings
Fri 16 November 2018
Doors open: 19:00
£22.50 adv + cmsn
Entry Requirements: Under 16s accompanied by an adult
Book tickets with Union Chapel
Check here if tickets are sold out above
The High Kings
The High Kings, the true heirs of Ireland’s Folk Heritage, are delighted to announce the first UK shows on their DECADE – The Best of The High Kings, 10th Anniversary Tour in March 2018. The dates will feature new member George Murphy, who was drafted into the band late in 2017 following the departure of original High King, Martin Furey.
The November release of DECADE – Best of The High Kings has been greeted with record sales on both sides of the Atlantic, entering the Irish Independent Album Chart at #1 and staying there for 3 weeks, and earning a very credible debut chart position in the
Billboard World Music chart at #15.
The DECADE World Tour began in Ireland in early December 2017 and will run until the end of April 2019, taking in stops in every major territory in the world.
The new live show will showcase fan favourites from The High Kings extensive catalog from the past ten years and will feature some new additions too. Early booking is advised for all shows which will go on sale at 10am on Friday 16th February
Speaking from High Kings HQ in Dublin, Finbarr Clancy today said ‘After ten years with The High Kings, we are delighted to say we have achieved what we set out to do back in 2007 – we have moved the Irish ballad tradition to the here and now, and we are deeply honoured to become the bearers of the torch which has been borne with such power and dignity over the past half century by The Clancy Brothers and The Dubliners’ . . .
To say that The High Kings are charting a new course for Irish ballad music – equal parts rousing and reflective, energetic and insightful – is an understatement. They are, essentially, marking out a new and bright era for Irish folk music. This story will evolve for the next Decade . . .
Margins Cafe will be serving delicious, hot, homemade food at this event. All profits support The Margins Project, which works with people who face homelessness and crisis and is based here at the Chapel.
- You must also have a ticket for this event to eat at Margins Cafe.
- The Cafe opens to all ticket holders when the chapel doors open, scheduled to be 19:00 for this show.
- Please note the cafe is cash only (there is a bank machine just across the road).
- We’re also taking limited early dinner reservations at 18:30 for this event. Be quick it can fill up fast!
How to book early dinner reservations:
- You can book for dinner when buying your ticket through our site.
- If the option doesn’t appear then it means dinner is fully booked.
- If you have already purchased your ticket for this show you can check availability and book for all dates here.
- If there are no tables available it will say ‘We are sorry but this event has sold out.’
Information for people with a reservation:
- You’ll get an email with full details shortly before the event, however, you just need to come to the black gate to the left of the main entrance, marked Early Dinner Reservations at 18:30 and show your reservation and gig ticket.
- The menu will be displayed here; it normally goes up a couple of days before the show. There will always be at least two hot meals, one of which will be veggie, to choose from, plus lighter bites such as quiche and salad. Check out the sample menu here.