The Library & Archive
The chapel library was sited in the Sunday School gallery, where it remains today, by the instruction of the
Chapel Building Subcommittee on 5th December 1876 during the building of the chapel.
In 2006 all the Minute Books, baptism registers, scrap books and other papers, which were scattered throughout
the chapel, were placed in the library.
The Archive Group is now progressing cataloguing and shelving
them. In addition to the minutes and papers, the chapel has about
1000 books, some dating from late Victorian times and others
collected more recently. These have to be catalogued and shelved.
The papers and books form a valuable educational resource for
scholars and genealogists. They can be used for a wide range of
educational purposes by local schools. We hope to make these
accessible for public inspection in September 2010.
The Archive Group meets once a month at the Chapel.
See the Friends Workdays page for dates of meetings.
If you would like to help with cataloguing, conservation and
Anthony Richardson - firstname.lastname@example.org
Richard Wallington - email@example.com
Registered Charity No. 288545