Job Title: Church Administrator
Responsible to: The Ministers
Purpose of Job: To assist the church staff and deacons administratively in the running of the church
Hours: 16 hours a week (plus extra hours for weddings)
Salary: £12.30 per hour
Union Chapel is an award-winning music venue, centre for the homeless and a working church, charitable activities include the restoration of the Grade I building and a homeless drop in centre.
The small Congregational church that owns the chapel is ultimately responsible for all the activities that are run within the building. It has a management agreement with Union Chapel Project and is actively involved with helping to run the Union Chapel Project which includes Margins, the homeless drop in centre. It is a liberal, inclusive, non-hierarchical, and non-conformist in its theology.
This role is part time with some flexibility and is a permanent position with a 6 month probationary period.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a busy historic building and to support a small progressive church in the context of one of London’s best loved music venues.
Specific tasks will include, but not be limited:
- To provide some financial support by way of book keeping
- To build and maintain a database of contacts
- To facilitate and distribute the church newsletter
- To keep the church diary and produce weekly notices
- To assist with Deacons and church meetings when required
- To file relevant church documents
- To facilitate programming and volunteer recruitment for Open Wednesdays
- To provide administrative support for weddings
- To help with the production and dissemination of publicity for church related events.
- To monitor and update church pages of the website
The successful candidate will have:
- Sympathy and understanding of the values of Union Chapel.
- To be computer literate.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to be accurate giving attention to detail.
- To be able to work as part of a team
- Experience in administration
- Experience administrating publicity for events
- Ability to work with numbers in order to learn simple book keeping
To apply please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 9am on Friday 24th March 2017
Please note that if applicants have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, then unfortunately they have not been selected for interview.
Find out more about volunteering at Union Chapel